Health Policy and Systems Research Courses and Trainings
Planning for Health
After completion of the course, students should have Knowledge and understanding - to describe the context, content, process and actors in promoting health for various populations; - to describe major theories and frameworks for planning in health care. Skills and abilities - to analyse different approaches to planning for heatlh; - to independently identify and formulate essential and challenging issues in planning for health. Judgement and approach - to critically make assessments of di...
Policy Analysis Using Interrupted Time Series
At the conclusion of the course, students will have all the tools necessary to propose, conduct and correctly interpret an analysis using ITS and RD approaches. They will also develop a real-life research proposal that could form the basis of future research. This will help them position themselves as a go-to person within their company, government department, or academic department as the technical expert on this topic.
Post Graduate Diploma in Health Economics, Health Care Financing & Health Policy (PGDHEP)
Public Health Foundation of India/Health Governance Hub
1. Understand key issues in health economics Understand key issues in health financing. 2. Understand key issues in health policy and health systems for informed decision-making & implementation.
1. Prepare a short research protocol describing a randomized trial of a drug, technology or health services intervention.
Public Health Management
Institute of Public Health Bangalore
1. Outline various health reforms and disease control programmes in India. 2. Examine the structure and functioning of country level and local (District and Taluka level) health systems and assess their performance. 3. Explain the principles of community participation and identify strategies to improve community participation in health programmes. 4. Compare/contrast various health financing models and use tools to assess degree of coverage of health services in a given community.<...
Public Health: Policy, Planning and Program
Azim Premji University
1. Describe how policies have determined the architecture of the Indian â€˜health systemâ€™ 2. Critically analyse the impact of competing forces on allocation of health resources 3. global priority setting on the one hand vs. national and local priorities 4. Understand the design and implementation of major national health programs 5. Appreciate the complexities of translating policies into programs and how it plays out in different contexts 6. Understand...
Qualitative Research Methods
Addis Ababa University, Miz-Hasab Research Center
1. Learn the rationale and target of using qualitative data, data collection--interviews, group discussions, observations, document analysis, ethnographic socio- cultural data collection methods. 2. Be able to transcribe, translate, and analyze data using appropriate software which includes abstraction of categories/themes from data and instruments and analysis it promotes the idea that the data tells the real story.
Rational Use of Drugs and Health Policy Making
Fudan University, Shanghai Health Development Research Center
1. assess the scenario in my country for PPP and strategies in position 2. propose strategies to enforce PPP and justify the reasons.
Research Methodologies in Health Services
Ahmadu Bello University
1. Familiarises participants with quantitative and qualitative research methods in health services ; 2. Learn how to critically appraise health research findings in literature; 3. Write appropriate applied research proposals, analyse determinants and/or risk factors of health and disease, or to assess the impact of a given intervention; 4. Special emphasis is placed on how to use research findings for better planning and management of health interventions; 5. In addition, ethical issues i...