Health Policy and Systems Research Courses and Trainings
Masters in the Social Anthropology of Health (Medical Anthropology)
Universite ABDOU MOUMOUNI
Medicines in Health Systems Working Toward Universal Health Coverage
The goal of the Medicines in Health Systems course is to strengthen the capacity of practitioners working toward universal health coverage in low- and middle-income country health systems to design, implement, and monitor evidence-informed pharmaceutical policy and management strategies. Specifically, after completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the different roles medicines play in health systems, and the roles and responsibilities of different system actors with respect to medicines in systems.
- Illustrate the competing objectives that system stakeh...
mHealth, Health Systems and Development
Institute of Development Studies
By the end of the module a successful student should be able to: 1) Develop a sophisticated awareness of the current use of mHealth in low and middle income countries, in conjunction with broader regulatory, governance, equity, and implementation considerations. 2) Critically analyse and debate the opportunities and challenges associated with mHealth as a means of addressing health and development issues (including making reference to concepts such as gender, knowledge, power, behaviour change, health systems, pathways of change).
Microeconomics and Health
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM), Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social
1. Development of basic knowledge of microeconomics and their application to health and health care services.
MPH in Health Systems Mangement & Policy
Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp
â€¢ Assess the performance of local and national health organisations, systems and policies. â€¢ Formulate evidence-based and context-specific strategies for health systems strengthening. â€¢ Formulate an evidence-based and context-specific health programme. â€¢ Master relevant quantitative and qualitative research methods. â€¢ Master relevant health system and policy research methods. â€¢ Sear...
MSc Healthcare Management
Anglia Ruskin University
On successful completion of the course a student will be expected to be able to:- Apply a wide range of advanced theoretical Health & Social Care Management and Leadership concepts to complex practical issues;- Evaluate the dynamic environmental forces which impact on Health & Social Care Management and Leadership within a global context;- Critically appraise and debate competing research methodologies, ontologies and epistemologies demonstrating an ability to apply these to the context of advancing health and social care management and leadership practice- Integrate a wide range of...
MSc/PgDip Global Health and Management
University of Aberdeen
You will learn about health and social research methods, global health and global citizenship, health systems and policy, and management studies. You will have opportunities to work in professional environments in the health and development sector in the UK and overseas, applying taught content in real world settings and conducting projects of practical significance. With supervision from world-class research academics, students also develop deepened knowledge into current research and methodological development in selected area(s) in a research environment.
Navigating One's Medical Care System
1. Understand one's political environment and to take that into account in making plans, bargaining for resources or dealing with critiques.
Eduardo Mondlane University, Faculty of Medicine
1. Understand what OR is, and how it is similar to and different from other types of research. 2. Understand how OR can be used to help guide health system management decisions. 3. Understand the relationship between OR, quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation, and program evaluation. 4. Understand the basic steps of implementing an OR project. 5. Understand how program problems are identified. 6. Understand types of program problems that are, and are not, appropriate for. 7. Under...
PhD in Infectious Diseases
Tropical Medicine Institute "Pedro Kouri"
1. Improve the knowledge on Public Health and the decision making process.