Health Policy and Systems Research Courses and Trainings
Short Course in Health Policy and Ethics
Public Health Foundation of India/Health Governance Hub
1. Have a firm grasp of the basic principles and terminology of health policy, health systems and public health ethics. 2. Be familiar with common ethical frameworks used in public health, and the concept of health systems â€˜softwareâ€™. 3. Be able to apply principles of ethics to real-Â¬â€world problems of health policy and governance, and in health policy and systems research.
Social Determinants of Health
Azim Premji University
1. Analyse the global and national policy contexts and debates around social determinants of health 2. Develop a critical understanding of different factors and processes that determine health, disease and well-being in comparative contexts and explain health inequities 3. Examine the role of several actors including the state, international agencies, civil society, NGOs and the community in addressing social determinants of health and analyse specific interventions
SPHERE PhD programme
Trinity College Dublin
1. Skills for policy and practice relevant research on health services and systems
Structured Operational Research and Training Initiative (SORT IT) course
International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease and Medicins Sans Frontieres, Luxembourg, WHO /TDR
1. To teach participants the principles of conducting and publishing operational research 2. To mentor participants to conduct and publish operational research 3.To teach participants the importance of using research to inform and potentially change policy and practice
Technology and Methodology of Health Survey
Nanjing Medical University
Students could build the standard and scientific concepts of health surveys, have a grasp of the the basic requirements of field investigations and the common survey methods. Students could analyze, summarize and present the data drawn from health surveys. At the end of the course, students could independently design a health survey plan of high quality.
1. Compare the basic elements of the health system and health reforms in countries around the world, using the Harvard Flagship framework of analysis. 2. Apply the framework to a specific country of your choice and develop proposals for health reform initiatives in that country. 3. Justify your proposed reforms in technical, ethical and political terms in well written papers and strong oral presentations.
Work-based Placements with Health and Development Sector Organisations
University of Aberdeen
Students are allocated two supervisors, one based in the University and one in the external organisation. Supervisors provide overall guidance and where appropriate fieldwork sites. Supervisors meet with students regularly during the course to provide support and guidance. At the end of the course, students will be able to: • Demonstrate employability skills via successful completion of a competitive application process;• Demonstrate insight into a particular health and/or development sector organisation as it is situated within the broader context of public, civic, voluntary, dev...