Health Policy and Systems Research Courses and Trainings
Public Health: Policy, Planning and Program
Azim Premji University
1. Describe how policies have determined the architecture of the Indian â€˜health systemâ€™ 2. Critically analyse the impact of competing forces on allocation of health resources 3. global priority setting on the one hand vs. national and local priorities 4. Understand the design and implementation of major national health programs 5. Appreciate the complexities of translating policies into programs and how it plays out in different contexts 6. Understand...
Qualitative Research Methods
Addis Ababa University, Miz-Hasab Research Center
1. Learn the rationale and target of using qualitative data, data collection--interviews, group discussions, observations, document analysis, ethnographic socio- cultural data collection methods. 2. Be able to transcribe, translate, and analyze data using appropriate software which includes abstraction of categories/themes from data and instruments and analysis it promotes the idea that the data tells the real story.
Rational Use of Drugs and Health Policy Making
Fudan University, Shanghai Health Development Research Center
1. assess the scenario in my country for PPP and strategies in position 2. propose strategies to enforce PPP and justify the reasons.
Research Methodologies in Health Services
Ahmadu Bello University
1. Familiarises participants with quantitative and qualitative research methods in health services ; 2. Learn how to critically appraise health research findings in literature; 3. Write appropriate applied research proposals, analyse determinants and/or risk factors of health and disease, or to assess the impact of a given intervention; 4. Special emphasis is placed on how to use research findings for better planning and management of health interventions; 5. In addition, ethical issues i...
Science in Health Care Management
King's College London
Short Course in Health Policy and Ethics
Public Health Foundation of India/Health Governance Hub
1. Have a firm grasp of the basic principles and terminology of health policy, health systems and public health ethics. 2. Be familiar with common ethical frameworks used in public health, and the concept of health systems â€˜softwareâ€™. 3. Be able to apply principles of ethics to real-Â¬â€world problems of health policy and governance, and in health policy and systems research.
Social Determinants of Health
Azim Premji University
1. Analyse the global and national policy contexts and debates around social determinants of health 2. Develop a critical understanding of different factors and processes that determine health, disease and well-being in comparative contexts and explain health inequities 3. Examine the role of several actors including the state, international agencies, civil society, NGOs and the community in addressing social determinants of health and analyse specific interventions
SPHERE PhD programme
Trinity College Dublin
1. Skills for policy and practice relevant research on health services and systems
Structured Operational Research and Training Initiative (SORT IT) course
International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease and Medicins Sans Frontieres, Luxembourg, WHO /TDR
1. To teach participants the principles of conducting and publishing operational research 2. To mentor participants to conduct and publish operational research 3.To teach participants the importance of using research to inform and potentially change policy and practice
Technology and Methodology of Health Survey
Nanjing Medical University
Students could build the standard and scientific concepts of health surveys, have a grasp of the the basic requirements of field investigations and the common survey methods. Students could analyze, summarize and present the data drawn from health surveys. At the end of the course, students could independently design a health survey plan of high quality.