Health Policy and Systems Research Courses and Trainings
Universidad de los Andes
Understanding health problems affecting the world's population and its effects, ways to measure and different coping strategies. Specific objectives: Analyze global information on burden of disease and death worldwide. Understand the current status, trends and major challenges in global health issues such as environment, epidemics, immigration, demography, etc. Know and design projects to address the major challenges of global health.
Global Health Policy
Johns Hopkins University
1. Students will learn the history, theory and practice of global health policy from perspectives of public health, economics, and international relations.
Global Health Policy Development and Advocacy
University of Washington
1. Analyze health policy issues using a framework that integrates empirical evidence and values (global, national, and local); 2. Identify and use appropriate tools to advocate for policy changes; 3. Identify key stakeholders (international, national, and local) in policy issues and describe their respective roles in whether and how those issues are resolved; 4. Describe current trends in health system reform globally and the challenges and opportunities those trends present; 5. Describe...
Global Health Research Project
University of Aberdeen
With supervision from active academics, students develop research ideas into rigorous designs and conduct data collection, analysis and interpretation according to accepted codes of practice and professional conduct. Students also critically evaluate their work plans and outputs in a thesis submission and poster presentation. Students are allocated supervisors who assist the management of projects where appropriate fieldwork sites.
Global Public Health Module
1. Locate, use and correctly cite global, regional or national health information from different data sources and international databases. 2. Understand the basic principles of estimating the global burden of disease, and critically assess the validity and reliability of burden of disease and risk factor estimates. 3. Be aware of important developments in global public health, and have an in-depth understanding of the major causes and determinants of disease. 4. Acquire fundamental knowle...
Health and Development
Institute of Development Studies
1. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the emergence and critical issues in current health policy debates 2. Discuss and critically evaluate key sources of evidence and data on and for health policy 3. Produce an original and systematic analysis of a relevant health policy issue 4. Effectively use professional skills to evaluate conflicting arguments and write for academic and policy audiences
Health Care Financing: Concepts, Challenges and Practices
Ahmadu Bello University
1. Analyse the advantages and weaknesses of health financing mechanisms; 2. Critically analyse the roles of the public and private sector; 3. Compare and analyse the basic features of health financing mechanisms in L/M/H-income countries; 4. Design a scheme of health financing for local systems.
Azim Premji University
1. An enabling curriculum for students to learn both at individual and group levels about the varying dimensions of health education efforts and needs that exist in specific contexts; 2. Commence capacity-building of skills for conceptualization, strategic planning and execution of innovative and pragmatic health promotional ideas that individuals require for a career in this discipline; 3. Create a spirit of enquiry in related realms of health communication theory, lessons from other con...
Health Economics and Healthcare Financing
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, JC School of Public Health and Primary Care
1. describe and apply essential economic theories and methods relevant to the study of health care system and the improvement of public health 2. understand how healthcare can be financed and resources can be allocated to achieve efficiency and equity 3. conduct basic economic evaluation in practice.
Dokuz Eylul University
1. Leadership skills 2. Health management skills 3. Organizational skills